We’ve told you about hasselback potatoes. We’ve shared the fun of hasselback apples. Now, we want to round out the meal with the main event entrée: hasselback chicken! Here’s how to make this tasty take on stuffed chicken.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
–1 teaspoon olive oil
–1½ cups fresh baby spinach
–¼ cup ricotta cheese
–2 – 1-pound chicken breasts
–⅛ cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius or Gas Mark 6).
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the oil and cook the spinach in it for 3 to 5 minutes, until it is slightly wilted.
- Stir in the ricotta and cook for a further 30 to 60 seconds. Allow to cool.
- Cut slits into the chicken breasts, about 1 centimeter (0.39 inches) apart and 75% of the way through the chicken. You don’t have to be too stressed about the depth of the cuts, so long as you don’t cut all the way through it!
- Stuff all of the spinach and ricotta mixture into the cuts.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle the white cheddar cheese generously on top. Generously sprinkle the paprika, adding color and flavor.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the juices are clear.
What a delicious way to enjoy stuffed chicken! Do you think you’ll give it a try?
Recipe adapted from Proper Tasty